M300 Blog / August 5th
Southwest-Style Turkey Burgers
Mmmmm … burgers! There’s nothing like a juicy burger on a soft bun for a delectable summer meal.
Take your burger dinner to a healthier place by substituting beef with lean turkey, and give it a kick with a Southwestern twist from some spices that’ll dazzle your tastebuds!
You can also get your grill on with these burgers and avoid heating up the kitchen!
1 lb. ground turkey
⅓ c. red onion, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, minced
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1½ tsp. cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
2 tbsp. vegetable oil (for cooking)
Pepper jack cheese
½ c. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. canned chilies in adobo
½ lime, juiced
- Place turkey, onion, jalapeño, and spices together in a large bowl and mix well.
- Dampen your hands and shape the turkey mixture into 4 circular patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook burgers for 2 minutes on the first side, then flip, lower heat to low, and cook them for an additional 5-6 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check each patty for an internal temperature of at least 165°F before removing from pan.
- Assemble the burgers as desired with bun, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and preferred condiments.
Recipe provided by Tasty.
Posted from VibrantLiving Newsletter - https://www.vibrantlivingnewsletter.com/single-post/2019/06/03/Southwest-Style-Turkey-Burgers
This article is for information purposes only and is not an advertisement to extend customer credit as defined by Section 12 CFR 1026.2 Regulation Z. Program rates, terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
Mortgage300 | Equal Housing Lender | NMLS# 162651