M300 Blog / December 31st
Selling Your Home in Today’s Market
Buying and selling a home at the same time can feel pretty daunting, but it’s completely doable if you have the right team and know-how to guide you.
Here are some expert tips to help your home sell quickly and for a great price!
A professional will help you showcase your home.
- Get referrals from family, friends, and connections on your social media networks.
- Interview agents: Do they already know a buyer who might be a great fit for your home? Will they stage your house and hold open houses? Check up on their marketing methods and how many homes they’ve worked with in your area.
- Be sure your personalities click: you’ll be spending a lot of time together!
Make a great first impression.
- Clean up oil stains on the driveway.
- Give the front door and entryway a fresh coat of paint.
- Trim back trees and shrubs.
- Plant fresh flowers in beds or pots.
- Keep all toys and tools in the shed or garage.
Your agent should spearhead this for you. Make your home a blank canvas for buyers to project their own belongings upon.
- Declutter and put away personal items such as photos and knickknacks.
- If it’s feasible, repaint the rooms in neutral colors.
- Clean out closets and box items up.
- Clear off counters in kitchen and bathrooms.
- Make sure the home is spotlessly clean before each viewing.
- Store packed boxes neatly in the garage, shed, or attic. You may even want to consider renting a storage space until you move.
The right lighting can change a room’s whole look.
- Change any burned-out bulbs outside and inside.
- Use natural light as much as possible: open curtains, blinds, and doors.
- In the evening, put on lights throughout the house. Use both ambient and accent lighting.
- Light the fire if you have one.
Keep on top of things every day.
- You never know when you’ll get a call about a showing. By doing a light cleaning daily, clutter won’t be able to pile up.
- Contact your agent frequently to see how many people have seen your home and how many have requested to see it in the next week.
- Still on the market after a couple of weeks? Ask your agent about feedback they’ve received from buyers’ agents and consider re-staging your home.
Posted from VibrantLiving Newsletter - https://www.vibrantlivingnewsletter.com/single-post/2019/09/10/Selling-Your-Home-in-Todays-Market
This article is for information purposes only and is not an advertisement to extend customer credit as defined by Section 12 CFR 1026.2 Regulation Z. Program rates, terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
Mortgage300 | Equal Housing Lender | NMLS# 162651